Never Wallow in Self-Pity.

In many points of my life, I found myself doing something which many of us often do; wallowing in self-pity. Thinking of the worse scenarios that could possibly happen, I sank into an endless pit of negative emotions. Once again, it happened today.

This evening, I was approached by a man with tattoos all over his arms. Caught by surprise, I did not utter a single word. The man introduced himself as a ex-convict who has gone in and out of prison for more than 5 times. "My wife passed away, leaving me the burden of two young kids. Please support me by buying this keychain..", with these heart-wrenching words, he showed me a copy of his wife's death certificate. Upon seeing the death certificate, an ineffable feeling surged through me. I immediately got reminded of the time when I had to bring my grandmother's death certificate back to school. I can still vividly remember that experience to be terribly hurting. To be able to show everyone his loved one's death certificate, he must have mustered a lot of courage. It is indeed commendable of him. With that, I bought the keychain from him. However, the feeling did not stop. It continued to torment me.. I started to feel so bad as I kept thinking of losing one of my kith. Negative thoughts invaded my mind and I started to feel that I was the lousiest guy in the world...

All of the sudden, a voice boomed in my head, " Don't wallow in self-pity". To be frank, no one will ever know what you are going through in your room alone.. Neither will anyone care. Reality has always been cruel. However, one thing that struck me hard was that all I need to do is to focus on my strengths. That simple shift of mindset can result in an extraordinary mental state. Easier done than said.(I mean it.) By not wallowing in self-pity, we would save a lot of time that we used for dwelling and instead, be more productive. Anyway, that was what I did and it worked for me. I'm feeling so much better now!

Just to sum up today's post, we should never wallow in self-pity.

A nice quote to share:
" Enjoy the little things in life. For one day you will look back and realize they were big things. ".
This simple quote brings a deep meaning behind it and if we think into it, we will find it beautifully true.

=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts leads to Destiny

It bugs me every night..