That's what friends are for


















Today, I would be doing a post on my view of friendships.
Friendships; This simple relationship with our friends holds many different meanings to different people. For me, it could easily be concluded by simply wanting the best for our friends. Yet again, many hold different conceptions on this.
For some, it would mean going along with the friend's wishes and demands in order to have him/her happy.
However, that would be entirely opposite in my stand. Though I might sometimes follow their demands and say things that make them happy, I still put on a strong stand on doing the right thing. The first thing I would do would be to analyse the entire situation before making a move.

Let me give you an example which we would come across in our everyday lives...
EXAMPLE A:
Say, I have this friend whom I have known for quite some time and I know most of his flaws; often getting pissed off by them. I do not hide the flaws from him. I would let him know it in his face that he was pissing me off and what exactly it was that pissed me off.
My purpose? Simple.
I just want him to be aware of what others might feel about his actions and behavior; So that he could change and make improvement in that aspect.
However, what we all would experience from that would be what I call "The Withdrawal Symtom" when that particular guy would be doing his best to ''escape'' from the issue by ignoring.
Also, the guy could be simply giving you attitude and showing his unhappiness.
I understand that reaction; No one likes having someone else pointing out your flaws when that person has flaws too. I mean, everyone does have flaws.
So, why not we help each other by pointing out each others and gain awareness of our own flaws. The theory behind it? Simple.
That way we would be pulling our friends out of their comfort zones and stretch their boundaries.
When we create awareness on their flaws, they would pay special notice to them and do something really uncomfortable yet beneficial to them in the long run.
I would rather this than to hide all these to myself.
Perhaps I might have been hurt by their actions, I would never want to hide it and suffer myself; I do the right thing by letting them know that their actions hurt me and I don't like it.
Hopefully, they might change after knowing it.
Oh well, at least I did my best to help him.
Honestly, it is always a good thing to be pointing out the flaws of others.

Let me give you an example of the exact opposite of what people normally do...

EXAMPLE B:
Say, I have this friend whom I have known for a very long time and I know exactly what his issues are and often get annoyed by his actions. However, in the case, I do nothing about it and keep everything to myself to the extend that he doesn't even realize that he is hurting me. Instead, I acted as if it was the right thing to do and continue to smile in front of him.
Now, what happens next? He would continue his wayward behavior. Not only did he continue to hurt me with his actions/behavior, he also hurt others around him. This goes on till one day when he finally realized that no one likes him. How crude is that? That guy is in fact a victim. He has these flaws and yet no one has ever told him about them. The awareness has never been brought to him and hence he continued his behavior which no one likes.

Let me ask everyone a question...

Which example do you think would be more idealistic and pragmatic?
I strongly feel that it's example A is better and I always follow example A's way.
Let me end this post with just a famous quote from a song, "That's What Friends Are For"
"In good times, in bad times I'll be on your side forever more, that's what friends are for."
As simple this quote may seems, it carries a deep meaning behind it to me.
To be always there when your friend needs you yet knowing what's the best for him/her and wanting the best.
Alright guys, I'm really tired after blogging; Had a long day.
Let me know what you guys feel about friendship.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts leads to Destiny

It bugs me every night..