Happy Mother's Day

















This post is dedicated to all lovely people who love their mother and beautiful mothers/fathers out there,
I wish you all a 
Happy Mother's Day!




Our mothers have brought us into this world and gave us life.
Suffering that excruciating pain, she gave birth to us without a word of complain.
Just a single smile on our faces could give our mothers the littlest bit of happiness.
As long as we are happy, she would be happy.
It is really not easy to bring up a child.

I have once thought of how I would bring up my child when I have one in the future.
After pondering on this question for some time, I still could not figure out the perfect way of bringing up a child.
Therefore I conclude that there is really no perfect way of bringing up a child. Every mother has their own special way of bringing up their own and this resulted in many different personalities in everyone.
I could not possibly imagine the children of the entire world being brought up in a single universal approach; there would be a tons of the 'same' person.

While some mothers may be soft in their teaching methods, some may be rough and fierce in theirs.
Amidst all the different natures of upbringing, the love of our mothers for us should never denied. No matter what, our mothers do care and love us. Though they may not be there for us at times, they have already done their best.
Being their dearest sons and daughters, the least we could do is to understand them.

Anyway, have you noticed any phenomenon in the society today?
This is just what I feel.
We often complain that our parents have no time for us and complain our parents do not understand us.
Little did we know that it was actually us who pushed their parents away from the start.
As we grew up, we began to spend lesser and lesser time at home and more time with our friends. We stopped dining at home with our family and outside.
Our parents noticed this and slowly learnt to accept that we have grown up. This is when they start to let go of us and 'stop caring'. Hence, we do not feel that much of love.
Yet, we complain that our parents do not care about us.

The truth is, they have always been there for us, it was just that... We didn't need them; we thought we had friends as our support.





Let me share with you a quote that I would always remind myself with.
" As we grow up, our parents grow old. ".

This line is so true that the line itself reminds me of the reality behind.

As we are busy growing up, studying, fighting, dating and obsessed with growing up... The two most important people of our lives are growing old.

Each time I remind myself, the fear of losing them haunts me.
There will be a day when our parents soon grow old and have no energy to move around; becoming like what's of our grandparents today.
I lost my grandmother last year and it was a terrible period of time for our family. As time goes by, we managed to move on. However, there would still be times when we would be reminded of her and miss her. I do miss her terribly. Being the one who brought me up, she was like a mother to me too.
Now, it would kill me to imagine my one and only mother growing old, becoming weak.

One day our mothers would.....

Not have the strength to scold us...
Not have the energy to nag at us...
Not have the energy to do housework for us...
Not have the strength to climb the stairs...
Not be able to walk beside us for long...

Not have energy to work...
Not be able to hear us as clearly as before...
Not be as strong as before...
Not be able to take a fall...
Not be able to stand any heart-break or disappointment.
Not be able to walk properly...
Not be able to cook for us...
Not be able to take care of us...
Not be able to take care of herself...
Not be able to remember stuff clearly...
Not be able to remember who we are...

There would be so many things that our mothers would not be able to do.
It would even be a challenge to bring her out as she might need a lot of care.

As we grow up and become stronger each day, our mothers' grow old and become weaker each day.
Think of it as an transfusion of power.
Our mothers devoted almost all of their youth and lives to take care of us, making sure that we are offered the best that they could give. 
While we grow muscles, they grow wrinkles.
As our bones become stronger, their bones become weaker and softer.

It would not be long before their energy are all used up.
They will leave this world one day; and that day is not very far nor near from today.
We might not know what might happen in the future, yet there are a list of steps that we could do to repay the love of our parents.
It's really simple.
Love them, respect them, spend quality time with them and take good care of them as how they once did.

Not only is this post referred to our mothers, it is also referred to our fathers.
In our upbringing, some of our fathers also play the role of the 'mother'.
Both of their contribution are equally as noble and respectable.

To be honest, I have not done a good job in being a great son too.
I have always been returning home late from school, trainings and movies.
My parents were worried about me due to these.
In addition, I agree with them that my poor immune system is due to sleeping so little.

During work today, I received word that I have been selected to join Singapore Polytechnic's Vocal Talents. I guess I would be pretty busy then.
Juggling Studies, Badminton, Singing and Work.
Though I am really tired from all these commitments, I still feel a great sense of fulfilment at the end of every day and that is the strength that pushes me go the distance.

Anyway,
Despite the busy weekdays, I have booked the Sundays and make it a important day for my family. Making every Sunday a family day is the least I could do.




That's all for today's post.

Once again,

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL BEAUTIFUL MOTHERS OUT THERE!

LET US ALL SPEND A QUALITY DAY WITH OUR FAMILY! 



F.A.M.I.L.Y. = Father and Mother, I Love You.
Let's also make every day a special day for our parents.

=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts leads to Destiny

It bugs me every night..