A rant on work.


It has always been a usual practice for students to be working during the school holidays to earn some extra bucks. During working, we experienced that money is hard to earn. The pay we received the entire day is about an hour's pay of an average adults which feels really pathetic.

Anyway, I just received a call from work telling me that my shift has been changed to 8am this Friday's morning which means it will be another day of working 17 hours at least again. Well, more hours mean more pay right? The only form of motivation of working; Money.
Indeed, working for just the money sounds really stupid. The money I have earned from working this holiday will be spent on my car license after my 18th birthday which is coming less than 20 days. I am really looking forward to it.
Lessons will resume next week and I'm making use of this week to earn as much money as I can.
Initially I planned to go at full-throttle on my studies, however the manager at work just told me that she wants me to continue to work when school reopens on the weekdays. When I replied that I have to be studying hard, she remarked," Money must still be earned." Money must still be earned only if it is really needed. However, I don't really need money. I don't spend much, plus I am very lucky that my family is capable enough of supporting me. Working during the holidays was just a more productive way of passing time and earning money at the same time.
That was why I was pretty pissed when they told me that I have to work.
For me, I find that the hardest thing to do is to reject someone and be the cause of someones unhappiness. I never liked the idea of quarreling with anyone, having bad blood with anyone; especially if I was the one who started it. So, I don't really like it when people make it hard for me.
Extra money will be good but what's the point of having extra money if I would be neglecting my studies? Wouldn't it cause me to lose out in more money in the future when I don't get proper qualifications? This is a rhetorical question which everyone knows the correct answer.
It is clear that studies is much more important than some part-time job right now.
Despite my unhappiness from her request of me working during the school days, I still did my best to understand that there would be lesser people willing to work when school opens and that they need more people. So, there are pretty much conflicted thoughts in my mind..
After contemplating for a few hours, I thought that I would simply continue working but maybe a few times. Studies will still be placed first.

Anyway, I'll be resting well for today before continuing with a working spree just before school opens.
Heading out to have Frolicks with Joyce later! We'll then see what's the big deal about a frozen yogurt among the teenagers.























Having so many thoughts on my future.. What job I will do.. How much I will earn.. the future is such a mystery. I guess we'll all just have to wait..

Comments

  1. I am glad that you prioritize your studies first as it will be for your own future. A good high-pay full time work in the future is better than just a small-pay part time work now.
    =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts leads to Destiny

Turning negative remarks into strength