Money is hard to earn.

I have been working like crazy these few weeks and earned myself a few hundred bucks.
That was when I thought that the few hundred bucks are so "big" and I felt like a rich guy.
Yes, I know that was really stupid.
Anyway, I just bought a Nintendo DS Lite to play Pokemon.






















My new Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black Export Set from Korea.


I have already pre-ordered the latest Pokemon White 2 from a games shop in Jurong Point which I would be getting it this Friday. I'm really looking forward to it!
Imagine playing Pokemon on the Nintendo DS in class, during lectures to train and become the strongest Pokemon trainer. That's kinda kiddish yet fun.
I have to be honest though, I usually play the Pokemon game to complete the game and I wouldn't care if my Pokedex was completed. That being said, I am lucky as I have friends who just started playing Pokemon too. Maybe, I could actually be a serious and strong Pokemon trainer this time round. I'm sure me and my friends can do simple Pokemon tradings just to complete our Pokedex. However, this version of Pokemon which I have pre-ordered is quite different from the versions that I used to play. The Pokemons are different and so are the legendary Pokemons.




















My new Pokemon White Version 2 (coming this Friday!)


Though I must admit that I was really happy when I first bought the gaming console, I would still think about the money I spent.

Money is hard to earn. The pay rate I'm currently receiving is about $7/hour and not only must I stand for the entire day, I must carry really heavy stuff around the hotel.
On the other hand, money is so easily spent.
The money which I took hours to painstakingly earn can be spent less than a minute with a simply gesture of nodding my head and pressing a few buttons.
When we have money, we should be saving them up and not spending them like drinking water.
However, if we do not spend the money and keep working... What would the money be used for?
Especially for us, students, we often work so hard to earn so much money and save them up.. But what for? Anyway, my stand is that we should also spend appropriate amount of money and not just saving them because that would make earning money meaningless.
A $1000 dollar note is merely a piece of paper if we do not use it.
Don't you all agree?
So anyway, after working my ass off for a few weeks, I decided to give myself a treat by spending some money and this small amount wouldn't be more than half of my total earning.
After spending money on the treat (in this case, a DS), I would go back to the regime of working my ass off for money and would then be able to enjoy at a later point of time again.

People always say do not waste money on your wants and spend more on your needs.
What if we already have all our needs? Do we keep on saving? And for what?
This is when we fulfil some of heart desires; wants.
Don't feel bad about spending money as long as you don't overspend; this is my stand.

That's all for today's post.
School's opening soon. I have better be studying harder this semester!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts leads to Destiny

Turning negative remarks into strength