Time doesn't wait for anyone.


It has already been one year since my grandmother left me.
She left me on 16 March 2011. Before leaving, she was already very sick. It was too late when my grandmother was diagnosed with gall bladder cancer.For a few weeks, my grandmother was suffering; She could remember nothing and neither could she recognise anyone. Simply heart-breaking to watch her suffering. That fateful day she left, I was present and had to call up my relatives and ask them to come down immediately. It was very sad too. I was brought up by my grandmother since young and her demise shook me hard.
However, I'm glad I have already gone passed that stage. Though I might think of her at times, it doesn't bother me that much. Repeatedly reminding myself, I told myself that it was a relief for her and she has moved on to a better place.
The process of recovery was worthy of remembrance.


Time doesn't wait for anyone; Soon, we would all grow up and bear greater responsibilities. One of the responsibilities would be to take care of our parents.
When we were younger, we would always want to speed up the process of growing up. We wanted to grow up; To be big, tall, strong and making big money just like every adult in the working world. As we grew up, we did achieve what we wanted; we felt proud of ourselves and how far we have gone through to have grown up.
However, in the process of growing up, we often neglected the fact that our parents are growing old. As we grew up and became stronger, on the other hand, our parents have aged and became weaker. It is really saddening and yet there is nothing we can do about it. I have once thought about ''replaying'' my life from a certain ''chapter''; When I would be young, innocent and playful while my parents would be much younger and stronger. Sadly, the fact remains. Life isn't like a book which we would flip and read from any page we want. Time doesn't wait for anyone.
It still feels like yesterday when I was in primary school. As of this year, I am already eighteen years old. At a blink of an eye, six years have gone passed so quickly. I wonder how fast time would go for me to be twenty one and then thirty. By the time I graduate from university at the age of twenty seven, my parents would be older by ten years old.

No, Time doesn't wait for anyone..
I figured out that the panacea to this heart-wrenching issue would be to treasure and live every moment. The word 'live' holds a strong meaning behind it. There is a saying that goes," Live with no regrets." To me, living is a pleasurable feeling; unlike existing for the moment. Hence, we all should live every second of life. We have no idea if anything comes after death and it might be nothing but emptiness.
So let us all remove the batteries from our watches(metaphor), forget about the time and live our lives to our fullest while treasuring everyone around us.

With that, I conclude today's post.
Treasure everyone and everything you have.


Take care readers and happy holidays. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts leads to Destiny

It bugs me every night..