19 September 2011 < Getting Over A Past Love.>

A myriad of thoughts flooded my mind.

"Is it really that DIFFICULT to get over somebody?"
That, I DO NOT agree. I got over my ex-girlfriend within a short period of time and it was easy. Sometimes I ask myself if I really did once loved her before or not.

I got her as easy as Abcs as soon as I found out that she was still not over her ex-boyfriend. It was really such an irony that she claimed she loved me so much and yet she simply tweets all about her ex-boyfriend back in Malaysia after she found out that I've gotten over her. Some people are just that fake. Well, I don't blame her for that. Moreover, she is still really very young and naive. I was merely a substitute, but who cares I really did experienced love when I was with her. It was a novel experience and for that, I thank her for those beautiful memories.

Sometimes, it really doesn't matter much. When two people don't end up together, we don't have to feel bad about the relationship just because it failed. In fact, we should all be happy. We all did learn something valuable from the relationship, didn't we? I once heard this from some man whom I forgot,
he said," We all seek answers in every relationships we enter, searching for the characteristic in the perfect one that we are looking for. When a relationship fail, you will find out something that you liked about the person and hence, the next one would be better. Over a couple of relationships, you will then find the "right one". "
I find this quote pretty logical and meaningful. It is indeed very true if you were to think about it. Ask around every married couple if they once had many ex-s. 8 out of 10 would admit that they did have a few before their current partner. Today, break-ups are imminent yet common.
Scrolling down the newsfeed of my Facebook page, I noticed the HORRIFYING posts of teenagers on their broken relationships. Overly-emotional thoughts that were leading to suicidal tendencies. These kids were getting so affected by their break-ups that they were so NEGATIVE about every single aspect of life. They questioned themselves why do they still hold on so tightly when the other party have ALREADY moved on. I believe that they have the answers themselves- they DO NOT WANT to move on.

Yes, I do understand the predicament they are in and I feel it. I've been through that too. Whether the relationship lasted for a few months or a few years, it's the SAME; The memories are still there.
Yes, we do miss those sweet memories and times that we had with them.
Yes, we do wish to turn back time and relive that moment again. But you know what, it's all over.
Even if we were to go back to the same place and do the same thing with the same person again, it wouldn't be the same. Everything would be different!

The truth is that no matter what we do, it is IMPOSSIBLE to forget them and forget those memories we had with them. There is ONLY ONE CHOICE To move on with memories and create much HAPPIER and BEAUTIFUL memories.
To be able to create new AWESOME memories for ourselves, we MUST first pick ourselves up from this broken relationship and stay strong. ONLY by being STRONG, we WOULD then be able to have the strength to "build" more AWESOME memories to outdo the past ones.
This is the point that we have to make a choice, a strong decision.

Moving on is a CHOICE. Some people might not get it at first and might still cling on tightly to the something that doesn't exist already. However, they will soon feel bad and always be in the doldrums. That is NOT good at all! This will soon affect their entire thought process which leads to their actions then to their habits. Eventually leading to their destiny. Such a negative destiny is a BIG NO-NO!
The only thing I can advice is to those people who are moving on is ....

Be dope. Stay strong and be excellent in whatever you do. Create new memories on your own. Then, be a little cocky when you're doing really good and say," Hey, I am creating new awesome memories. Do you want to join me? It's ok if you don't. I'm sure there are many others who are willing to join in the fun."

This way, it will motivate you to live on better. If the other party are living on happily now, you DESERVE to be HAPPY too! You should be even stronger than before.

That's all for my thoughts on moving on after a relationship. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts leads to Destiny

It bugs me every night..